Moncrief Brothers (now Moncrief Heating & Air Conditioning) sold stoves here in 1886. Dr. Methvin T. Salter practiced medicine here from 1887 until 1920. His dispensary and mail-order service included “reform” medical treatment that advocated using native plants or special palliatives to cure diseases.
In addition to being a store, the building is now also known as The G.Y.M. and holds regular rap battles.